Ali + Finn answer your questions on the Planner, the Bullet and the Wellness
If you’re in our Positive Planner Facebook Group, you’ll know the topic of conversation often revolves around the group’s personal experiences with The Positive Collection of books and how we can fit more self-care into our busy schedules.
Everyone’s been really open in the months since the group started and we’ve had loads of questions. This prompted us to think it would be good to see answers to all the questions in one space. So here they are!
FAQs about The Positive Collection:
1: How can The Positive Collection help my mental health?
The Positive Planner
- Firstly, The Positive Planner will help support you in reconnecting with yourself. The pages guide you through a series of tools which encourage positive self-analysis and reflection. We know from experience that this is a powerful process for anyone who has experienced a life-changing event or feels disconnected from themselves.
- The Planner introduces the idea of self-care and illustrates how it can be built into your everyday life. You’ll find coping tools and practices such as the Braintangle that help you ground yourself and find out what you need.
- Finally, the Planner will help you better understand your thoughts and feelings. You’ll be able to monitor your moods and identify triggers that affect you both positively and negatively. In doing so, it will become easier to communicate your thoughts and feelings with those around you too.
The Positive Bullet Diary
- We all know the overwhelm that comes with having to-do lists scattered around the kitchen, living room and home office. The Positive Bullet Diary allows you to organise your life in one place, which in itself is great for relieving anxiety.
- The Bullet builds on our personal experience that creativity is a powerful therapeutic outlet. We’ve included instructions on creative skills such as brush lettering and doodling as well as Bullet Journaling templates so you can create without the intimidation of a completely blank page.
- We created the Bullet to be a place to inspire and build positivity. Motivational quotes at the beginning of each month help us reset with a positive mindset. Added to that, simply managing productivity with space to document achievements and goals rounds off what will become a very supporting and reassuring space for you.
The Positive Wellness Journal
- Mental health isn’t only about what goes on in our minds. Our bodies are complex and everything is interlinked. We therefore created The Positive Wellness Journal as a way for us to learn how to nourish our being as a whole with our Mind:Body:Soul concept.
- The Wellness teaches new skills and therapeutic techniques to maintain good mental health and wellbeing. It uses a wide spectrum of holistic approaches, which lead you to discover your version of a healthy lifestyle and mindset.
- As with all our books in The Positive Collection, creativity is a key aspect and you’ll find lots of beautifully illustrated pages for mindful colouring, which will help you get into a mindful creative flow.
2: I find it hard to relax and unwind. Which book should I go for?
We think the Wellness is a wonderfully relaxing book to use! It’s got a huge selection of different tools that are all very holistic, and we’ve designed it to allow you to dip in and out and find something that suits your mood on any given day.
You’ll find breathing and yoga sequences, which used alongside the art therapy exercises and writing tools create a nourishing toolbox to provide you with all you need for moments of calm.
3: I’m struggling with anxiety at the moment. Which book should I choose and why?
This really depends on what’s behind your anxiety. The Positive Collection books are all good for helping with anxiety but in different ways. As an example, if you’re struggling with feeling disorganised and that things are out of control, then the Bullet would be the perfect place to organise what’s going on in your life and your mind.
However, if you’re experiencing a big change, such as leaving school or university, or you’ve had children or been made redundant, then the Planner would be the better choice as it can help us reconnect with ourselves and rebuild confidence.
Lastly, the Wellness is a great tool for anyone living with anxiety who’s already familiar with journaling and self-care. The book allows you to build and expand on your knowledge.
4: I live with depression. Which book would best suit me and why?
Whilst all the books in The Positive Collection are amazing tools for looking after your mental health and wellbeing as a whole, we think The Positive Planner would be our go-to here.
The Planner talks directly about mental health and looks at how the tools we’ve included can help you and your wellbeing. It allows you to dig deeper into what might have led to your period of ill mental health, perhaps helping you find some answers. The mood tracker gives you space to follow your feelings and identify any possible triggers - invaluable for empowering your future self.
We would also ask whether you’ve journaled before. If you haven’t, then the Planner really would be the best starting point. Otherwise, if you’re already used to journaling, then the Wellness along with its holistic therapies would be more beneficial.
5: I love the sound of The Positive Planner, but really need some organisation in my life. Should I choose The Positive Bullet Diary instead?
We designed all of our books to offer an element of routine in that they can be used every day. The Planner does contain monthly diary spreads and space for shopping lists and meal planning, so you’ll be able to create some healthy habits with it. However, the Planner and the Wellness are only helpful in organising life on a day-to-day basis, rather than the more long term.
If you’re looking to go all-in with your planning and want to work with the months and year ahead, then the Bullet really is the one you need. The fact that it’s undated lets you start it at any time of the year, so you can dedicate it to a particular project, section of your life or simply use it as your diary.
There is, of course, nothing to stop you from using more than one book at a time! We often say the Bullet is ideal to use in conjunction with either the Planner or the Wellness so that you’ll have all you need to organise your mind, your body and your life!
6: Which book would you choose to help with creativity and mindfulness and why?
That’s easy: either the Wellness or the Bullet.
The Wellness has so many wonderful ideas for simple mindfulness activities that you can easily incorporate into your day. It has tonnes of hand-drawn original pages which are fantastic for mindful colouring and getting the creative juices flowing
But if you’re looking for freestyle creativity, the Bullet is the one you want! It has template spreads for those who feel unsure of where to start and the very act of personalising it is a form of mindfulness in itself. This is where you can really run riot with your creativity!
7: My life is so busy! How much time will I need to dedicate to the books?
We think just 5 minutes twice a day is all you need to see results. Short bursts of self-care and reflection can bring incredible changes, but, as with many things, the more you put in, the more you get out.
We know what real life looks like. We still struggle to spin all the plates in life, so it was important to us that our books don’t demand too much of your time. If you find it hard to fit journaling in, don’t worry. The Planner and Wellness only need 5 minutes at the start and end of each day and we believe this is doable. Once you make it a routine, it'll become as natural as that first coffee in the morning!
8: What’s the difference between The Positive Planner and The Positive Wellness Journal?
This is probably our most frequently asked question about The Positive Collection!
The Planner is an amazing book to enhance gratitude, joy and positivity. It encourages you to make your mental health a priority and nourish yourself every day. We’ve curated it in a way that supports reconnecting with yourself after a big change or period of ill mental health, or those wanting to do some self-discovery and development.
The Planner focuses very much on self-care, so if you struggle to understand what self-care is, or make time for it, then this is a great way to build it into your life. It’s also fantastic to use as an introduction to journaling or if you’re wanting to get started again. We concentrate a lot on mental health in this planner, but anyone who just wants a more positive outlook on life can use it.
In contrast, the Wellness offers tools and ideas for your wellbeing as a whole through its unique Mind:Body:Soul concept.
We developed this concept to nourish each area in turn, but its approach is very holistic and will introduce you to a variety of tools, from breathwork and yoga to affirmations and art therapy. It’s great for those who have tried journaling before as we give more space to freewriting and longer daily entries. We haven't forgotten beginners though - you'll find plenty of guidance in there.
Both the Planner and Wellness have morning and evening pages and are great for encouraging daily gratitude, self-care and mindfulness. We've packed them with cognitive behavioural mindfulness activities and tools, and both include original artwork and hand-drawn colouring pages.
Well, we think that’s everything we’ve ever been asked about The Positive Collection of books and how to use them. But if you haven’t found the answer you’re looking for, then do get in touch - we’d love to help!
Much love and positive vibes to you all,
Ali + Finn xx